Of course, she never tires of pulling my leg and does exactly that in this guest post......
“It’s been over a year. I think the time has come to take this relationship to the next level. You know you mean the world to me. And I would never do anything to hurt you. I’d rather hurt myself…….”
Her eyes, limpid pools gently strumming the ripples of love and admiration, bore testimony to what she’d just heard. Deep in her heart, she knew, this was meant to be. Her heart ached for she knew every word that was bespoken was true. This treasure was hers to keep.
“And hence, this is what I have for both of us. Good times or bad, this will sail us through”
Dear Lord, could this be what she thought it was? Nothing quite prepared her for what followed next. She opened the sealed envelope with trembling fingers.
“This is what I’d like to call B-NUP, a Blogger Nuptial.”
She was speechless.
“Well considering that you have been blogging for years before me, this seemed like a step in the right direction.”
She stared in disbelief at the contract that read thus.
To whomsoever it may concern.
- It is agreed that the bloggers in question will visit each other’s blog and lavish praise even if they have been having a hard day. This particularly stands true when the maid has not come in to work, phir bhi Bajate raho!
- It is agreed that no blogger will be allowed to be more famous than the other at any given juncture as it amounts to unpleasantness. In the event that one blogger has more fan following than the other, the lesser known blogger to be compensated with a share in the famous blogger’s social net-worth. We believe this would be Zindagi ke saath bhi, zindagi ke baad bhi.
- It is agreed that all comments will have to be followed with tiny hearts and 'awwwwws' to enforce the love and affection the bloggers feel (or not). PDA is encouraged and every ‘love you’ will be taken as the ultimate example of dedication, Kyunki yeh bujhaye sirf pyaas, baki sab bakwas.
- It is agreed that the bloggers will hang out in common social networking circles at all times. No solitary participation will be encouraged. Together we can. Akhirkaar, Jo tera hai, woh mera hai.
- It is agreed that new friendships will be strictly forged for professional reasons only. If either blogger is found interacting with newbies beyond the realm of pleasantries, it will be considered as breach of trust even if you think Aaj kuch toofani karte hain.
- It is agreed that coloured opinions of the dominion is an acceptable form of communication. The bloggers must conform to each other’s thoughts and present themselves as a united front at all times. Unilateral thinking is always advantageous, Dobaara mat poochna
- It is agreed that being judgemental is a fundamental right. To be strictly executed beyond the realm of the partnership. Opinions about each other need to be kept under wraps and swept under the carpet from time to time even if Jee lalchaye, raha na jaye.
- It is agreed to speak in parables in case of difference of opinions, if any. This is to discourage any dialogues that could possibly, god forbid, solve the issue. Daag lagne se agar kuch accha hota hai toh daag acche hain.
I, Purba Ray, owner of A-musing, state that the above information is true and to the best of my knowledge, accurate. I agree to the terms and conditions of this agreement. I promise to abide by the same, failing which I will be entitled to introduce BlogwatiG to my Didi back home. The consequences of which will solely rest on my shoulders. Signed on this date of July……………………………………………
Last heard, Purba Ray had relocated to Australia, bag, baggage and blog. Whereas BlogwatiG had resigned herself to her fate and was on the lookout for a new symbiotic relationship, Kyunki darr ke aage jeet Hai!